WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE ?
Haywood Pathways Center is looking for volunteers to work with staff and guests at the Waynesville campus on Hemlock Street. There are many opportunities to choose from, with flexible hours and time involved. Adults 18 years old and older, from all walks of life and backgrounds are invited assist.
For questions about the info sessions or volunteer program, please call Emilee Palmer at 828-246-0332.
There are many opportunities to be involved with Haywood Pathways Center. We welcome individuals, church groups, organizations and businesses. Opportunities to volunteer are available on a regular basis, or for a special, one time project.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Kitchen Help—Evening meals are served 7 days a week. Planning, organizing, preparing and serving meals.( Individuals or groups for weekly or monthly service)
- Food Pantry – check expiration dates, stock and organize shelves, rotate stock
- Devotions—before evening meal 7 days a week—can sign up for weekly or monthly devotion.
- Bible study — Every Wednesday evening after dinner. Separate studies for men and women guests of the center. Good opportunity for local ministers and/or teachers.
- Indoor/ Outdoor Maintenance— Landscaping, gardening, routine building maintenance, painting and repairs (individual or group projects)
- Special projects – mailings, stocking shelves, managing donations at peak times
Haywood Pathways Center:
179 Hemlock Street.
Waynesville NC 28786